Comment on page
15 Second Quick-Start
This quick-start will guide you through packaging your python app with Streamlit and deploying it to Health Universe, the open-source health research cloud for ML/AI.
- An idea for a health application you'd like to create
- Light familiarity with Streamlit
- A GitHub account and a Health Universe account
- 1.Create a new (public) repository on GitHub to host your project.
- Repo is public
- Repo has a readme.md
- Use the "python" .gitignore template (to ignore .env)
- 2.Clone the repository to your local machine:
git clone https://github.com/<your_account>/<your_repo_name>.git
- 3.Change to your project directory:
- 4.Create a virtual environment using:
python -m venv .env
- 5.Activate your virtual environment with:
- 6.Upgrade pip to make sure things go smoothly:
python -m pip install --upgrade pip
- 7.Install the streamlit library with:
pip install streamlit
In your local repository, create the following files:
- main.py: This file should contain your Python model.
- requirements.txt: This file will list your project dependencies.
Next, learn a little bit about how Streamlit works.
import streamlit as st
st.title("Welcome to Health Universe!")
st.write("This is a sample application.")
alarm_clock = st.slider('hour', 0, 23, 17) # min: 0h, max: 23h, default: 17h
st.header(alarm_clock) # print in large text
# Include any other libraries required by your app.
Test out your app by running it locally:
Run your app locally using:
streamlit run main.py
- 1.Push your local repo to GitHub.
- 2.Log in or create a Health Universe account if you haven't already.
- 4.Click "Add App" to create a new app.
- 5.Fill out the following fields:
- App Name: Name of your app
- Description: A brief description of your app
- Github Account: Your GitHub username
- Github Repo: The exact name of your GitHub repository
- Main File: The name of your python file (usually
- 6.Click "Add App" to deploy your app. This process may take a few minutes.
Once you've completed these steps, your app will be published on Health Universe!